Monday, August 7, 2017

THIS IS NOT NORMAL!

I know I shouldn't be surprised with anything that comes out of Donald Trump's mouth or appears on his Twitter feed, but his attacks on Senator Blumenthal today were so disgusting that it shocked even me. Maybe it was because today was Purple Heart Day and it took him until mid to late afternoon to even acknowledge our heroes, but this one -really- rubbed me the wrong way. I have to feel that at some point, human decency will take over and people will have had enough of this self-aggrandizing asshole. How many more people and entities does he have to publicly denigrate before the entire country realizes that he doesn't give a shit about anything but himself?

Things he's publicly denigrated:

- McCain
- The rest of Congress
- Gold Star family
- Disabled reporter
- The entire IC
- Angela Merkel
- Every news outlet besides Fox or Breitbart
- Mexico
- Muslims
- Democrats
- Republicans
- Canada
- Australia

Things he has NOT even slightly criticized:

- Putin
- Russia
- Fox News

What happened to the dignity of the office of the President? For as long as I can remember, the President was always a role model -- now he's a case study in how not to act. When I was a kid, any time the President gave a speech, the entire family tuned in; it didn't matter if it was a Republican or a Democrat, you didn't have to agree with the President to respect him. Now, I don't even let my kids stay in the room when Trump is talking. Thank God they aren't yet old enough for social media; I wouldn't even want to try and explain his Twitter feed. We can't normalize this behavior. No parent should be ashamed to have their children listen to the (supposed) leader of the free world speak. It's not normal to have a 71-year-old man-baby in the White House.

The most astounding part of all of this is watching the boundless hypocrisy of some of the current GOP members. Many of them absolutely howled for Clinton's impeachment over an admittedly ill-advised sexual act between consenting adults. His actions apparently showed that he lacked sufficient moral character to occupy the Oval Office. Enter Trump. Annnnd, crickets. Great, my irony meter just broke again; that's the third one this week.

My favorite of these stories is Newt Gingrich. You know, the guy who almost had an aneurysm over Clinton. Yes, this is the same Gingrich who was caught cheating on his cancer-stricken wife, who he subsequently divorced while she was in the hospital. She was apparently too 'frumpy' to be the wife of an ambitious politician. Spoiler alert: Newt is still a scumbag.

Right up there on my 'you have got to be f$&8!%# kidding me list' is the outrage over Clinton and Obama sometimes eschewing their coats and/or ties when inside the Oval Office. And *gasp* OBAMA HAD HIS FEET ON HIS DESK!! That's fair, I guess. How do you all feel about Palin, Kid Rock and Ted Nugent in the Oval? -crickets- But, I thought you guys... the dignity of the... oh, right. Bunch of damn hypocrites.

14 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more . . . your post echoes all my sentiments about the imbecile-in-office and his supporters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Can you imagine what we as citizens feel? I have voted in every single election I was able to. I inform myself about everything political...read the newspapers follow both conservative and liberal viewpoints...read books...educate myself and think critically. Most of all I do not believe ANY politician is a hero on a white horse meant to rescue us. We ALL have to WORK TOGETHER to solve our problems and listen to the SMEs as needed. I fear for our country...I fear for our democracy...I fear for the soul of who we once were as a nation. It does help that there are a few that broadcast their discontent and outrage at what is happening...it helps to lessen the sense of loneliness and outrage/depression many of us feel regarding what has happened. I did not think Obama was ever the messiah, but we knew intrinsically he and his family were good people who cared and tried their best at what has to be the hardest job in the world. But he was right when he stated it is the people's democracy. We must be the moral arbiters. We are the change we seek. I just hope there are enough of us to do so. I despair...there are not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very knowledgeable and so well researched...How about BO was anti-LGBT until at (least if not still) 2010 after Federal Courts ruled! Blamed and does blame Divisiveness on Bush wrong BO and his wife were and are Racist, Anti-Semitic BO and Louis Farrakhan, Obama and Jeremiah Wright, Al Sharpton, Bill Ayers, Harvey Weinstein a friend and frequent visitor to the White House, employer of Mahlia, Cesar Chavez and so many others, it was BO years in the White House we experienced a rise in social liberalism & decline in morals and values in the US. The Obama years brought race issues to a crisis. A white woman BO wanted to marry until he realized he would not be able to then use his "black" for political gain if he did hence Michelle. BO has accomplished what he wanted to rule the world, join the social elite and destroy the USA.
      I very much dislike BO however I would never do what people like you are doing daily. I love my country, I will support my country and far more important to me is to work together to accomplish what should be our common goals regardless of my feelings for across that isle. God Bless America and God help us in order that your will be done.

      Delete
    2. How do you measure the "decline in morals & values"? The evolution of what is considered moral & what is valued changes all the time. One cannot measure it.

      Delete
  3. Yep. The whole Rebpublican congress owns this for aiding and abetting . He didn't do what he's doing on his own ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WTH do you know you can't even spell it! There goes another uneducated Dem!

      Delete
  4. You forgot something in your first list of public denigration: don't forget his "Access Hollywood" comments on how he treats women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL denigration LOL do you know the meaning of the word? But I am so happy to know you agree our President Donald Trump is unfairly Criticized everyday all day long!

      Delete
  5. My sentiments exactly. I weep for our nation, which no longer seems to reward honesty or decency.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worse were the Russians in the Oval office.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dignity? That word should never be used in a sentence involving Donald Humpa Lumpa Trumpa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my Country and I SUPPORT our President Donald Trump! I doubt you truly work for our government however if you do you should be fired immediately, I should not have to work to pay your pension and you must never collect one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fired for...having an opinion? Move to China or Russia if you want everyone to agree with you. This is America and we support everyone trying to better our country, whether I agree with them or not. It's great when I do but when they don't, they are not my enemy. They are my neighbor. That is the beauty.

      Delete

Twitter Questions

Just a brief reminder that the new site ( angrystaffer.com ) should be fully live early next week, hoping for Monday! Had some good questio...